The umbrella association was established in 2015 and it is comprised of 11 farmer groups:
- Itsebeletseng Grazing Association
- Mobu ke khauta Co-op
- Kopanang Bakoena Association
- Mobu ke Khauta Tlholeho Association
- Lijo ke bophelo Association
- Kopanang Letsema Association
- Bolokanang ka Lerato Association
- Fina Lengoele Mosali Association
- Tiang Matla Association
- Itsebeletseng ka Lerato Association
- Kopana ka Lerato Association
Currently, the membership stands at 205 with 155 females and 50 males. Membership fee for this association is at M200.00 annually. The umbrella association is located at Ribaneng and Masemouse areas in the Lehlakaneng community council in Mafeteng district.
Improve Agricultural Production in our communities.
- To give strong support structure to members in livelihood improvement and capacity improvement in their areas of work.
- Poverty eradication/reduction
- To ensure food security
- To advocate for human rights
Our production is mainly of crops such as (vegetables, beans), fruit trees, feed, forest trees and poultry.
The association has achieved in its lifespan higher yields in crop production with recorded production of 40 000 heads of cabbage, 6 tons of onions, 6tons of spinach, 1ton of green pepper in crops. As for fruit trees production, average of 20 000 seedlings have been produced in each category, while for forest trees, at least 30 000 seedlings have been produced and sold.
Water scarcity and preferably from boreholes.
Since our production is mainly waterfed, irrigation system should be in place to minimise the adverse impact we are faced with, as a result of climate change. Also, shade netting comes in as a solution (protected Agriculture).
To have established a strong market linkage and have our own market day to sell our produce
Secretary +266 58533134
Chairperson +266 59666200