Rural Self-Help Development Organization(RSDA) is one of the National NGOs, selected by CRS to lead the implementation of the project activities for Integrated Catchment Management (ICM) in Lesotho in Likhetla Sub catchment in Mafeteng district and Senqunyane Sub catchment which is located within Thaba Tseka district, Maseru and Berea Districts. Community mobilization activities in the two sub-catchments started in October 2020 and expected to be completed by August 2022.
Integrated Catchment Management (ICM) facilitates the socio-economic development and adaptation to climate change in Lesotho. The project is a Multi Donor Action supported by
- European Union
- German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and
- Government of Lesotho
Rural Self – Help Development Association (RSDA) in partnership with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is implementing this project: Community Engagement for Integrated Catchment Management (ICM) project in Senqunyane sub catchment at Thabatseka and Likhetla sub catchment at Mafeteng districts. Our scope of the community engagement is as follows:
- Community mobilization and capacity building for ICM prevention measures.
- Livelihoods strengthening at the community level.
- Support establishment of structures in catchment and communities.
- Professional training for ICM.
- Support the implementation of community based ICM plans for prevention measures.
Community engagement in 2 priority sub catchments : Likhetla and Senqunyane