Title: RSDA Field Officer
We are hiring a Field Officer to be based in Mafeteng and also be responsible for Mohale’s Hoek District. RSDA invites applications from suitably qualified local candidates for the Field Officer position.
RSDA is a non-governmental organization registered in Lesotho in 1991, which exists to eradicate hunger and improve the lives of rural Basotho by supporting sustainable agriculture, facilitating self-help and enabling rural communities to become sustainable. The RSDA Field Officer job is required within our Project “Economic growth through sustainable access to renewable energy solutions in rural Lesotho” implemented by Rural Self-Help Development Association (RSDA) in partnership with Positive Planet International and funded by the European Union.
Field Officer is the face of RSDA in the Field and facilitate implementation of the project activities in the assigned areas and the primary source of information from RSDA to the Independent Distributors (IDs), beneficiary communities and vice versa. She/he is the independent’s distributor recruiter, trainer, facilitator, an advisor, a mentor and a mediator and will be based in the field in any of the Districts of RSDA operation in support of Mandate to serve the roll-out of RSDA’s vision. Therefore, Field Officer should be a good communicator, community mobilizer and able to provide technical and advisory service.
In addition, the Field Officer is expected to be an important part of RSDA team and to contribute to the overall success and continuous improvement of assigned RSDA services in assigned areas and thus the position requires hard work, intelligence and professionalism. The Field Officer reports to the RSDA EERE Manager.
Key Qualifications: –
Diploma level in Business and/or Entrepreneurship with at least one-year practical experience in a similar environment.
First degree and Diploma level as a stepping stone and understanding of entrepreneurship. At least 2 years of related experience with NGOs on development projects especially living and working with off-grid and rural-based communities.
IT skills and or Experience in direct-sales as sales representative highly valued and an added advantage
Experience and Requirements: –
- Respect and sensitive to people in the community (knows when to be humble and/or assertive);
- Be able to deal with the unexpected and uncertain situations, ability to improvise, creativity, initiative and foresight in the Field.
- Values and acknowledge IDs’ skills, abilities and knowledge;
- Make sure that no one feels isolated from the group for any reason such as age, gender, background or education level.
- Producing coherent field reports on a regular basis.
- Fluent written and spoken English and Sesotho as well as public speaking;
- Proficient in MS office package (excel, word, power-point)
- Light Motor Vehicle Drivers license with more than two years’ experience.
Submission: Applications addressed to the Managing Director-RSDA , accompanied by detailed CV, names of two referees, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hand delivered to RSDA, Rants’ala Road Stadium Area, Maseru, Lesotho.
Deadline for submission of applications: 4:30 pm on the 1st November, 2018.